POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Proximity Man (430 kbbu) : Re: Proximity Man (430 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Man (430 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 Sep 2000 08:25:50
Message: <39B8D992.C5E1300B@my-dejanews.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> >  I expected a "0" value for
> > all spaces inside the object....
>
> You didn't read the documentation. :-)
> sides INT_SIDE
> Use this keyword to decide which sides of the object to calculate the
> pattern on.
>
> 0 Only the points inside the object are calculated.
> 1 Only the points outside the object are calculated.
> 2 All points are calculated.

So how do I make it the regular kind of gradient for points outside the
surface, but 0 everywhere inside?  I don't remember what I used and don't see
an answer in what you copied.  I'm thinking I have to do this with a map first
on the object pattern...

> I'm not surprised at the speed, though...didn't you try the blob pattern?

My blob guy has about 200 components and my walking INC is so complicated that
I often forget how to use it if I let it sit for a week. I don't want to try
to import it into another pigment with its own complicated syntax.   I started
out trying to get a kind of shroud of turin effect with the face because it is
so detailed.